The Top Ten Ways to Jump Start Your Career
By Jeanette Kraar
What You Love. Have you ever noticed we usually love to do the things we're
best at? So what's your strength? Discover your passion and excel at what you
2. Create Work/Life Balance. It really can be done with a little planning and
prioritizing. Professional, Personal, Physical, Financial and Spiritual needs
should be considered when planning a life of purpose, satisfaction and
3. Manage Your Career. Pay attention to industry and market trends and be
proactive in making the changes needed to be a key player in your field.
4. Add To Your Skills and Further Develop Your Abilities. It takes competency
in technical AND soft skills to stay ahead of the pack.
5. Get the "4 C's" of professional happiness. When there is a good fit between
you and your company in Culture, Chemistry, Competencies and Compensation,
mutual opportunities will abound.
6. Build a strong network. There's no better way to stay informed, connected,
and professionally known.
7. Stay Flexible. You have to be able to bend without breaking in todayís
fast-paced work environment to succeed. Always develop a few "just-in-case"
plans to keep in your hip pocket to proactively adapt to change.
8. Learn to love change. Ok, so maybe "love" is a little strong, but those
folks who can adapt best, win
9. Demonstrate the difference between being busy and being productive.
10. Always work with integrity and honesty providing impeccable follow-up and
the Breakthrough Career Coach, is a highly- acclaimed Trainer, Speaker and
Consultant. Jeannette is the author of BREAKTHROUGH, The Hate My Job, Need
A Life, Canít Get No Satisfaction SOLUTION. Learn more about the book at
You are also welcome to email Jeannette at
visit her on-line at