Corporate Flight Attendant Community
The Web's Top Resource Center For Business Flight Attendants
12 Reasons to Develop Exceptional People Skills
By Peter Murphy
Why should you bother to spend your valuable time learning how to develop exceptional people skills?
Look at the people who seem to have it all - a great job, an active social life and a happy family life. What do these people have in common?
They all have excellent communication skills.
To join the people at the top and to live a more fulfilling and enjoyable life there is no alternative but to become one of the few that have truly mastered advanced communication skills.
There are at least a dozen good reasons to learn the secrets of making great conversation.
1. Get paid more. Studies have proved that the people who get ahead fastest are those who network within the organization. This ability is crucial when you need to get things done. Plus, it is the only reliable way to be informed of what is really going on in the workplace
2. Become more successful at work. Exceptional people skills cause your superiors to hold you in high esteem. When you project confidence others become more confident in your abilities. This in turn means you get to work on more important projects.
3. Improve the quality of your relationships at home. When you express yourself with clarity and skill there is less potential for confusion, disagreements and relationship problems.
4. Understand other people better. Most people do not know what makes others tick. When you discover the patterns that are the basis for all communication you will effortlessly create deep rapport with everyone you meet.
5. Be in control of your life. As a master of communication you can easily win the approval of other people and enlist their help when you need it.
6. Never worry about rejection. When you discover the right way to view encounters that do not go your way you will laugh at those situations that used to leave you vulnerable.
7. Easily start conversations with anyone you meet. This is a priceless skill to have and will fill your day with joy. You will quickly break down the barriers between people when you always know what to say.
8. Have clarity and purpose when you talk. When you decide why you want to talk and what you want to achieve with your words you have the secret to a conversation that takes on a life of its own.
9. Win the approval of people you admire. You will talk to everyone as an equal once you boost your self-esteem and let go of needing approval. This is achievable with the right tools.
10. Put an end to feeling self-conscious. This one factor can transform your dealings with people - socially and at work. You will feel more at ease and more in control even in demanding situations.
11. Master small talk. This seemingly difficult skill is easier than you think when you discover the secrets to doing it right. When you know how - small talk will open doors that were always locked to you in the past.
12. Develop exceptional listening skills. As a great listener you stand out from the crowd and command the appreciation and undivided attention of others. This overlooked skill is the key to fostering life long friendships.
''' Exceptional people skills can be learned '''
Find a proven formula and follow it. You will be amazed at how quickly you will progress.
Although some people fear otherwise, exceptional people skills can be learned by anyone of at least average intelligence.
Any difficulties you had in the past will not stop you from making rapid progress now.
Peter Murphy is a peak performance expert. He recently produced a very popular free report: 10 Simple Steps to Developing Communication Confidence. This report reveals the secret strategies all high achievers use to communicate with charm and impact. Apply now because it is available for a limited time only at:http://www.howtotalkwithconfidence.com/areport.htm