Corporate Flight Attendant Community

Corporate Flight Attendant Community (http://www.corporateflyer.net/forum/index.php)
-   In-flight Service (http://www.corporateflyer.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Galley Kit? (http://www.corporateflyer.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1772)

SkyBunny 08-26-2006 09:13 AM

Galley Kit?

Hi Everyone:
I am interested to know what FA's carry with them. I heard some have a galley kit they take on every flight. What do you suggest be in the kit?
Thanks,
L

Falcon FA 08-26-2006 08:32 PM

galley kit

When I do contract, I carry doilies- small, med, large; tongs; white service napkins; wine opener; wine bottle neck ring; clorox wipes; altoids; zip lock bags - small, med, large; travel size febreeze (good for a smelly plane and also to get the food smell out of your suit - so you dont smell like a dirty galley when saying goodbye or if no time to dry clean if flights are too close together); cocktail napkins; small trial size toiletries (for me and pax, if asked); clothe dish towel; oven mit; all purpose seasoning; Wet ones or clothe disposable hand towels; small yellow sticky note pads and pen.

I have heard some FA even bring a bottle of red and white wine, oils for cooking and sauce packets.

Falcon

Flatridge 08-27-2006 03:36 PM

Flying contract, I always have my knives, mainly a 5" serrated knife. It's good for fruits, veggies, meats, and doubles as a bread knife. I also bring those thin plastic "throw-away" cutting sheets. I cut mine into sizes I can use easier. I carry a Microplane grater..there is one out there that has two interchangable graters..fine and medium grate...good for chocolate, parmesan, even lemon zest. And a small pepper mill.

Betty Boop 08-30-2006 02:20 PM

More items

A small flashlight (I like Mag Lite) is a must. A spill control agent such a Red Z and disposable gloves along with a nice little container of Purell should be added to your list.

Ladi 08-31-2006 08:14 AM

Wasn't there a post once upon a time about this very subject? I need to search it out.

I am getting together a galley kit................. One day, I plan on needing it.

Just in case.

I did hear back from the one I interviewed with, wanting my resume once again.

Thanks for all the info.

Betty Boop 09-07-2006 08:17 AM

Ladi I found the thread:
http://corporateflyer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1311

Ladi 09-07-2006 09:31 AM

Thank you BettyB.
I have bought a couple of thing already. When I get this list all compiled, and see all that I need, it is off to the "outlet mall"
We have a Farberware store, Kitchen aid, Mikasa, PaperFactory. And prices are great!
The ziplocks , wrap and foil, I will get from Walmart.

Soft sided cooler? About what size do you suggest?

Thanks for all the great tips!
:mozilla_cool:
ladi

E-flight 09-08-2006 10:44 AM

soft sided cooler on wheels

I recently worked contract on a plane that was equipped with a couple of soft sided, collapsible coolers on wheels. VERY useful. I need to ask the full time flight attendant on that plane where she found them, as they are great, and I am planning to add them to my "ready kit".

galleygoddess 09-23-2006 01:22 PM

Galley Kit

I always carried my own doillies, frill toothpicks, aromatherapy oils for hot towels(Pax LOVE this), tongs, wet ones or baby wipes ( they are a godsend), pepper mill, cheese grater, Purrell, fresh herbs. This was when i worked contract. I am always on the same plane now and the only FA so i stock these things myself.

nilson 10-05-2006 05:16 PM

I carry a waffle iron for breakfast flights, a mini food chopper, spices etc. I always carry my own knives (except when airlining). BUT I LOVE GALLEYGODDESS SUGGESTION. I have had nothing but raves with the scented oils on the hot towels. Thank you for the tip

cloudchaser 10-28-2006 01:26 PM

Betty,

What is RedZ?? Exactly how do you use it? THX!

Cloudchaser

SkyBunny 12-13-2006 01:56 PM

Collapsible Coolers

Hi All:
I found a website that has soft-sided coolers on wheels that can fold flat.

http://www.keepyourcooler.com/coroco.html

Fortunately my mother happened to have one and I checked the net because the inside said "Therma-Flect" and I wondered about the insulation. It can be used for hot or cold.

Mine is PACKED with all the suggestions from this site....I don't know how you guys can carry all this stuff and pack it back. Any suggestions?

I thought I should use a large garbage bag to line it and put all my galley stuff in it to pull everything out at once...in case I need the cooler to keep food hot/cold.

SB

Vplayer 02-22-2007 10:57 AM

Galley Kit

I always carry a galley kit conatining:
Selection of Knives
Selection of Tongs
Wine opener
Ice Scoop
Oil/Vinegar
Cookie Cutters
Selection of Picks
Piping Bag
Selection of Herbs
and the list goes on.....but I believe that you should be prepared for any situation. I also carry a little cook book and bartending book so I can make those unusal cocktails...

Vplayer 02-22-2007 11:03 AM

Galley Kit

Ladies,

Here is another great link to a Cooler Bags for F/A's these are an excellant buy.

http://www.chefinthesky.com/Products/Bag.htm

Penny 02-26-2007 12:56 AM

coolers

I've also seen similar type coolers at Sams club around $30....Penny

novoline 10-13-2010 03:55 AM

I carry a waffle iron for breakfast flights, a mini food chopper, spices etc. I always carry my own knives (except when airlining). BUT I LOVE GALLEYGODDESS SUGGESTION. I have had nothing but raves with the scented oils on the hot towels. Thank you for the tip

JoeS 03-28-2011 04:20 PM

Fyi

I know of a great company that sells supplies for all types of travel. Check out ImpressionsInFlight.com

lollyapproach 06-11-2011 09:57 AM

Essential oils do work very nicely with hot towels, such as peppermint or lavender, depending on the passenegers, time of the flight etc.

In general though, rose water is my favourite though I think, though the bottle is much larger than an tiny bottle of essential oil!