Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Hello again!

Well, I seem to suck at both a journalist and a CFA! I've tried for months to get an article published about the NEED for CFAs on ALL aircraft regardless of size or passenger load and I can't get a bite. I was THIS CLOSE to being hired by the only two local (as in, "can get there within an hour's notice") but, at the last minute, SOMETHING pulled the brakes. My gosh, I have all and more of the qualifications this teeny little town could want. How many CFAs are going to move to rural Western PA to get a corporate gig? I mean, REALLY.

So, I give. I don't give up. It's not my nature. I just bless all of you and hope you'll all live and love the life I have and will never forget. There's nothing better than reaching for the sky!

Best to all of you!

Jolie
Old 05-02-2007, 06:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBunny Send a message via Skype™ to SkyBunny

Good luck to you...I have been feeling the same when it comes to gigs in small towns. Maybe I will get a chance to fly soon. In the meantime, I will continue to practice my skills on my family and friends.
SB
Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Default The Regs

You won't see much interest in this type of an article. I cannot imagine a Piper Cub pilot agreeing to having a flight attendant aboard his plane. There isn't the room nor is there a need. Never mind the costs involved.

If you were to change your article to cover larger business jets then that would make sense. You would still need to call for a change to the regs to win that battle.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Small Town Gigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBunny
Good luck to you...I have been feeling the same when it comes to gigs in small towns. Maybe I will get a chance to fly soon. In the meantime, I will continue to practice my skills on my family and friends.
SB
Sky,

Good luck to you, too! I want success stories and it sounds like you have what it takes to be successful!

J.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: The Regs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFFA
You won't see much interest in this type of an article. I cannot imagine a Piper Cub pilot agreeing to having a flight attendant aboard his plane. There isn't the room nor is there a need. Never mind the costs involved.

If you were to change your article to cover larger business jets then that would make sense. You would still need to call for a change to the regs to win that battle.
Story of my life. If I took the time to figure out how to do things other than backasswards, I could probably do the "quote" thing correctly. Anyway...

It may be Green Acres here but I certainly wouldn't expect a single engine pilot to want a f/a onboard. I had to work my fanny off to convince my bosses that it would be a nice touch to have one offered on a 10-pax aircraft.

The positions I applied for were for corporations that have more than 18 aircraft, mostly Gulfstreams, Challengers, Citations, Falcons, etc.

J.