Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Dubai???

Hi,

Any helpful advice for a short stay in Dubai would be appreciated (famale). I've been on the web checking it out. Probably stay at the Marriott and get my catering from the hotel.

Any top pick sights to see other than shopping?

Thanks
PHLfa
Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Dubai

Hello,

I was there last year. The Marriott is great, one of the nicest ive ever stayed in as far as marriott goes. You have to go the the huge mall that has an indoor snow skiing slope that was alot of good shopping I also took one a couple out boat tour on the river you see alot and it was fun. catering I didnt get from the hotel.. I actually got it from the airport caterer which I usually never do but the caterers there did a great job and the food is of very high quality as they do cater the royal families flights. Have fun be safe!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 AM

Default thanks drew21fl

Thanks for the reply. Nice to know about the quality of the airport catering! I can always split the order so I don't have to tote so many coolers to the hotel! The boat trip sounds perfect after a long day.............

Thanks
PHLfa
Old 05-08-2007, 05:09 PM

I agree, I fly to Dubai quite frequently and the catering is exceptional through the airport. Definitely use it, if your pax doesn't mind paying, although everything is expensive. BUT... be pushy. The people at the FBO make an impressive show of looking efficient, but they are not. Try to be one step ahead and order things an hour before you usually would... think Caribbean!
As for you if you have some time and an extra $100 USD book yourself in at the Burg Al Arab for lunch. It is the only 7 star hotel in the world and is worth every penny!
I love Dubai, and would vacation there or live there in a second...but I do have a Redneck husband......
Old 05-08-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Dubai

I agree, the catering from the airport is excellent. Use the FBO. I used to live in Dubai, I love it there. Forget taking coolers to the hotel, let the FBO handle it all.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Again,Thanks!

You guys are great!!!!!!

The reservations are made! WOW, a 7 star... can not imagine!
Thought the La Tour d' Argent in Paris was great...
I might be dining alone... Do you think the pilots would be come with me?????????????????????????? NOT............

PHLfa
Old 05-08-2007, 07:23 PM

really it is incredible! You have to see it. Dubai is fantastic. Enjoy! I am going there in a week and I always take an extra suitcase!!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Some other advice, dress conservative, meaning cover your shoulders and skirts should be to knee level. You do not have to do it, but it is out of consiseration for their culture. You will love Dubai, it is the ultimate cross of middle east and western culture. Have fun!