Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Dubai or Die

I just went there this winter. It is great! I had the best time. We stayed at the Marriott (the JW) as well, and the restaurants there are marvelous, especially the Italian one and the Haufbrauhaus. I used the caterer recommended by the FBO, but just as a reminder: if your client wants pork, you will need to order it separately through the hotel. The bacon is much more European-style, though. There are lots of European products at the grocery stores, too. You can't go wrong with food there. Be sure to try the Hammour (fish), and if your clients are willing to try local food, be sure to order this for the a/c with roasted veggies and rice. YUM!

The shopping is, of course, fun there. If you choose to shop, check out the souks such as the gold souk and the spice souk. We had lunch at the Madinat Jumeirah and shopped a little there. There is a CD you can get at Virgin there called Desert Lounge that plays the music played at the MJ. Also, really great pictures to be taken of the Burj Al Arab from there. If you golf, there are several premiere golf course there. Many, many malls....the one with the ski slope has some fun stores and lots of attractions. If you have not been to the Middle East before, you might do a desert dinner/camel rides/belly dancing/etc. The tickets can be bought through the concierge. Taxis are cheap except at high traffic times because traffic is CRAZY there. There is a bus that is a two-day or 24-hour pass that will show you the sights and let you get on and off (can also ask the concierge about this).

Most of the people you meet will be from other countries (the Phillippines, China, Jordan, Lebanon, India, Europe) not the UAE. I felt very safe there and well cared for. The service is impeccable. I wore pants or capris but did wear short-sleeves some but not sleeveless. They are pretty use to seeing it all with all the tourism they get, but I also felt it was respectful to be at least somewhat conscientous.

Well, have a great time. So many good things to choose from!