Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

Default Which airline should I go with?

Dear Friends,

Please, I would like to have your opinion about with which airline should I consider to work.
I live in Florida but do not have any problem to move to GA or DC.
I just applied to Jet Blue but didn't receive a return yet(I had 01 crew as reference).
I was thinking also in United and Delta.
I do speak English, Portuguese and Spanish.
I also have worked as FA per 2 years.
I thought maybe with Portuguese I could be lucky to be schedule to Brazil.
What you guys think?
Many Txs,
Old 05-14-2007, 12:48 PM

Default UAL

United and Delta have had financial trouble but I would go with United. My personal fav, not for any special reason.

Is JetBlue flying to Brazil now too? I can't keep up with them.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBunny Send a message via Skype™ to SkyBunny
Default Airlines

For something different you might try:

www.flysilverjet.com
www.primarisairlines.com
www.eosairlines.com
Old 05-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Primaris?

Has Primaris taken off yet? My friend applied to a job with them in 2005 and they were waiting for more funding.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Which Airline?

Primaris is flying one plane. they really do not have a great reputation. Silverjet uses British flight attendants based in the UK. Eos has a great reputation so far and for commercial flying their pay is the best.

Jet Blue has a long waiting list of f/a's that have already been interviewed and they are just waiting for classes to start up again.

United is hiring, Northwest is hiring and Delta is hiring language speakers.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:30 PM

Out of the choices you listed I would go with United. Keep in mind though, that you may not get your 1st choice for base airport.

If I could choose any airline it would be eos, then again it's the most like corporate, and I fly corporate, so that would make sense. Maxjet is a similar carrier, but not quite up to the same level. Continental wouldn't be a bad choice either, if you don't mind Houston or Newark.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 PM

Just my two cents ...

I have friends at several airlines including Delta (20yrs), United (15yrs) and JetBlue (5yrs).
As far as being a new hire, pay and schedule, at a commercial carrier, Southwest probably has the best contract. BUT that's not what you asked about.

We all know the glory days in commercial are gone, but with the right company, it can still be a fun job. Given that JetBlue doesn't have a f/a union, the previous CEO seems to truly care about his employees AND that trickles down through management, the company is financially stable, their starting pay structure is decent, and without question pax like the airline ... I think they're your best bet. There are only three bases for JetBlue, unlike United and Delta. Yet you won't know what any carrier's operational needs are until you start training, and unless one of the legacy carriers is hiring speakers, you won't fly international for years as it's based on senority. Although Continental was hiring for Newark and telling candidates after a year they'd be flying international. Again, EVERYTHING is based on operational needs ... which is subject to change from the time you interview, to the time you graduate from training.

At the risk of repeating myself, I would think you'd want to work at an airline that is fun/supportive/visionary/stable. Based on my own experiences and what my friends tell me, the legacy carriers are dominated by 'senior mamas', and for many reasons, there's no doubt morale isn't was it used to be. I don't think JetBlue's crew, as a whole, feel 'beat up' by management or burned out on they're jobs. Simply put, I hear it's a good company to work for.

Now can I collect a fee for such a raving endorsement?! \/

CC
Old 05-14-2007, 10:23 PM

Just a thought ... Omni Air is in MIA and they pay much better then commercial AND you will only fly international. It's competitive when they have an open house, but with your language skills, you'd be a great candidate.

Good luck!

CC