Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to flyingjen

Thank you, Penny! Not only did she twist my words, she made some up. Talk about catty.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 PM

Do corporate FA's feel threatened by Commercial FA's or something? Is it fear of job securirty. Sounds like paranoia. Like already mentioned. I dont care how someone gets time off to fly, if they do a good job I'm sure the pilots / dispatchers etc. work with conflicting schedules to cover trips and make everything legal.
Crewzin
Old 01-09-2008, 02:15 PM

Twisting words? Nope not at all. My initial question was about airline permission. TWOP was not the question at all. The deal was does your airline let you do two jobs at once. If you are commercial and union, what is in your contract?

I was commercial for a long time and if we even so much as took a job with Taco Bell we had to make sure it was ok with the company.

I know someone who flies for a major carrier and was offered a few corporate trips. They played it safe and asked their supervisor, the supervisor suggested not doing it due to contract and hours.

TWOP is one thing, flying for someone else on days off is another.

Then when I posted the question about what do you do if your corporate trip gets extended....someone indicated that they would continue with the corp trip.

Hence my reply about greed vs. honesty. It was all HYPOTHETICAL. There is an issue with FAA and hours when someone does both. If the company you are flying for reports the hours then eventually it MAY catch up with you. HYPOTHETICAL again.

I was looking for honest opinions on what people would do.

No harm, no foul.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:36 PM

where does it say "someone indicated they would stay with the corporate trip"? It says they would probabaly be happy if it did and why not if they have the time off. In response to original question. Airline I worked for allowed it. It wasnt an issue.
crewzin
Old 01-13-2008, 07:00 PM

Hello!
just to add my 2 cents...I have been working both corporate and commercial since I began aviation career 12 years ago...as long as you are up front, most companies have no problem with it...the clientele are different and its not competition...but I should mention..I do not work for a union and NEVER will. I just cannot accept anyone telling me who I can and cannot work for. That being said..I have been honest with every employer..and most managers look at this as an asset, and ALWAYS ask me to get involved with service training. I love the ability to work both jobs..it makes me a more well rounded FA..knowledgable on both commercial and corporate regs.
Cheers and Happy Flying!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:49 PM

Commercial and corporate aviation are similar but two different entities. Commercial does not offer any options/deals to corporate operators or corporate only flight crew, so why should corporate operators offer any options/deals to commercial? It is all about making and saving money. In my opinion, I dont think many corporate flight departments would want to share the profits with a commercial airline. Corporate flight departments already pay crew agencies or over charge their clients for flight crew already employed with the company (whether it be per-diem of full-time crew). There are plenty of corporate flight attendants that do not fly commercial. These corporate only flight attendants have their resumes and schedules posted with numerous websites, flight departments and flight-crew agencies - the same as crew who fly commercial/corporate.

Many charter operations crew their aircraft on an as-needed basis and pick from a pre-approved, pre-screened pool of quality, referred flight attendants. Some are corporate only and some are commercial/corporate flight attendants. Other charter company, flight operators have full-time crew always on standby and paid a salary. Other flight departments use who ever they find, when ever they can - often times saving on training costs by calling them Cabin Attendants and having the pilots do the safety briefing. Cabin Attendants, who are not considered flight crew, can then be told by the flight department/charter operator to work longer hours, be paid less and used and abused by many companies - but not all.

Falcon FA
Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Banned

Who's accountable for the duty times of F/A's who fly Commercial and pick up extra Corporate work? It has been my understanding the FAA would be cracking down on the "cabin server" profile. Corporate F/A would then have to maintain their current safety training status to maintain their position as flight crew. It seems that this would be a great solution to the corporate vs commercial battle? It would weed out the greedy commercial group who won't take the time or spend the money on training and reward those in commercial who can take the leave without pay and make their way into the Corporate world. Of course, I would highly recommend charm school as well! This is a different business!