Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
View Poll Results: Kids Onboard: R-U-An-Air-Nanny?
I do. If I don't, know one else will and they will trash the cabin. 2 8.00%
I do. With the help of the nanny, personal assistant, or parent. 13 52.00%
Not me! That is what "nannies" are for. 4 16.00%
Not me! That is what "parents" are for. 3 12.00%
Children never fly on my trips. 0 0%
The children are well behaved and don't require special attention. 3 12.00%
Grandma helps out... 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2006, 05:52 PM

Default Kids Onboard: Who Watches Them?

Okay, you got the chairman and his/her spouse and kids onboard. Fine little children, especially if they are being watched. Potential cabin missiles if they are not! So, who *really* keeps an eye on the little darling[s] when you are in-flight?

C'mon don't be shy... [-X

Add your comments too... :-#
[b][url=http://www.corporateflyer.net/blog]Corporate Flight Attendants[/url]|[url=http://www.creditcardvenue.com]Credit[/url]|[url=http://www.thearticlewriter.com/blog]Articles[/url]|[url=http://www.jetemployment.com]JetEmployment[/url][/b]
Old 05-29-2006, 07:37 PM

Default Minding the Kiddies

I don't have a problem watching them. On my last trip they were good and just watched DVD's.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:26 PM

Yes, most children I have flown have been very well behaved.....however I have had some pretty spoiled kids on board.
On one flight we turned onto the runway for take off , one of the 2 boys on board jumped up, and ran to the lavatory....I had to run up to the flight deck to immediatley inform the captain while the nanny ran back to get him out... we almost lost our slot time, the boy decided he just had to change his clothes before we took off.
Later on during the flight I watched the mother disipline the boys (8 & 6)... they were tossing peanuts at each other and all over the brand new aircraft ( Global Express)....she wagged her finger at them [-X and with all seriousness scolded them " Don't you spill anything on this brand new carpet...or Ill MAKE you fly on the Gulfstream" .... ahhh...the rich and their tough love!
Cheers
Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 PM

Flyright that is so funny! As if the Gulfstream is a punishment. Then again, if it is a G-II then I would agree with Mommy's assessment!

In anticipation of the "kiddie crowd" I keep crayons & coloring books on hand & as many low sugar snacks as possible. Never do I let their little hands rifle through the drawers, instead I set up a small basket full of healthy treats & let Mommy deal with that.

I have had a few horror stories over the years including several "I am locking myself in the bathroom & am not coming out!" scenarios. [-( Once the captain dropped the aircraft 1000 feet at a rapid descent to get the sweet urchin to come out. It worked! Precious darling. :-#
Old 10-07-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Kiddies

I know this is an old thread...good one too!

Isn't that what the overhead bins are for on Commercial jets? Kiddoes?

On Private Jets.....the baggage compartment is nice....and sound proof for the most part. LOLOL
No really , Nannies and Parents are for the kids...
We are professional Flight Attendants, there for the safety of the pax....
although sitting down and watching a Disney video or playing XBox COULD BE fun......

Hmmm, where is that call button, maybe the PIC will bring me a soda!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:59 AM

Default ROTFLMAO!

That's funny! Overhead bins for cranky kiddies. What about cranky adults? Where do we send them? Oh, yeah we can lock them in the lav! :-$
Old 10-07-2006, 10:16 AM

What to do with cranky adults?
Lower the O2 level in the cabin and let them sleep.
Crew then goes on O2 Cockpit masks...

ONLY KIDDING......the LAV is a great idea...
Any other ideas?
Old 10-07-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Fatty food plus wine equals a satiated and compliant pax

Lowering the oxygen level is too obvious. Someone will find out!

I prefer to serve cranky pax too much fatty food and an ample supply of wine. Before they know it nap time has come upon them and Ingrid is one happy cabin manager.