Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:03 AM

Default China Goods

Hello,

Ok so I was wondering about when you purchase goods in China....DONT JUDGE ME! I lost all control and bought great knock offs here and they look great feel great and im sure they are all laced with lead but let me tell you I look good. NOW...has any one ever had an issue when you come back into the US with a brand new top of the line high quality fake chanel purse or something of the sorts? Just curious..cause my new rolecks is totaly real.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:26 AM

Oh Drew, man are you weak!!! But I bet you are stylin' with the best of them!!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:20 PM

Good luck with your rolecks! Crew I jsut flew with had been in China before I joined up with them, they had no problems and they were loaded with faux crap!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

Just remember that if the Customs Officer is having a bad day, he can confiscate your counterfeit items, fine you, turn your aircraft and passengers inside out,
AND red flag your passport and aircraft tail number for close inspection on future entries.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:11 PM

Depends....what city you go thru customs AND the customs officer. I have gone thru wearing a "North Face" jacket and rolling a Louis Vuitton roll aboard. (I needed something to carry all my stuff in )

Also, I have shipped!!! ....it is very expensive to do so, however, it can be worth it in the long run. (especially not having to lug it back home). Just be vague on your "description of goods"

Basically, the odds are in your favor, however, just know that it is possible to be confiscated...

Good Luck!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:10 PM

Smile Ha! Ha!

You're cracking me up, Drew! I had to respond 'cause been there, done that, and bought the Armani knock-off t-shirt and Kate Spade knock-off purse to match!!!

Never had any problems in India, Dubai, China/Hong Kong, or Korea, but never buy in ULTRA mass quantity just in case.

Are you to sexy for your Rolex...er, Rolecks (please tell me they put it on there right???)???

Ha, ha, ha....you're too cute!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:14 AM

Default China

I MADE IT BACK IN! Didnt get cause I went through all sorts of precations.. mixing dirty clothes with new clothes hiding random things throughout the cabin it was hilarious but I had no issues. I was even wearing my new cashmere burberry scarf and fake watch...it doesnt really say rolecks although if It did I woulda bought it just for that! So no problems. Gotta say the shopping wsa great I just hope the sleeves dont fall off after the first wash. Anyway, had a great trip so if I can ever be of assistance let me know!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 PM

Hi Drew,

Glad to hear you made it back with the rolecks! As I was reading your thread, I thought the Bejing Olympics will be here sooner than we can imagine. I may be heading over for that and would love to learn from those who frequent China and Asia. Would you or any of the other frequent asian fliers care to start a thread and share your knowledge? Sounds like I will enjoy the shopping..........let me know if you need an extra "berberrie" scarf!

Regards,
Falcon