Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:34 PM

Default a bit of a strange situation...

i find myself in a bit of a strange situation...my flight dept recently chartered a GIV from a local charter co for a large trip we had and needed an additional aircraft. i spoke to the fa on what to order and what to expect from our pax (they are very easy going) before the trip. as far as i knew her portion of the trip (2 legs) went fine, i never heard differently. i just came to find out that this poor flight attendant was fired from this company (she was full time) because they told her that our pax had complained about her, which i know for a fact is not the case. they had also told her that a side trip in which they were supposed to do for us was cancelled because the pax didnt want to fly with her...also completely not the case (was cancelled because of a personal reason with this pax and he had no idea what aircraft or company was flying him)

i feel like i should call this company and really find out what happened for numerous different reasons..first i feel like they have bad mouthed us in a way because of what they had told their flight attendant, secondly this girl was fired unjustly because of lies her manager had told her about us, and she will not be able to collect unemployment because she was let go because of a "behavioral" problem. what i really want to do is go off on whoever fired her because they are totally lying about what happened!!!!!

i know that in the end i am not responsible for what happened there, but does anyone think i have the right to find out more about what happened,why they lied and try to go to bat for this flight attendant?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:36 PM

First of all, I commend you for caring. Too many people would simply not respond.

Secondly, think this one out. You know how "cliche like" this industry is. If not handled properly by you, you may find yourself in the same boat as the one you are trying to rescue. If someone has "tagged" your fellow F/A with a label, be careful as the label may soon be attached to you. Maybe not directly, but in other ways...

Lastly, if you "found out" this information from some other source, it may not be true. You can bet that the company will want to find out how you got this information too. Getting involved may result in you being told to "mind your own business" and give you an undeserved reputation.

Now you have us wondering about the remaining details!

:wink:
Old 07-26-2005, 09:24 PM

tebfa, good evening,

The most positive thing right now is too be amongst caring and supportive friends and family.

I once wanted to chew someone's head off for getting involved in mine and my fiancee's personal salaries. I took the advice of a friend, took a few deep breaths and tried to occupy myself with nicer thoughts.

Everyone can take a situation they can't understand why and turn it into a better position, I always say you must be the bigger person in the long run and not give into the lies of management. we are faced with so many challenges and stresses of the job. I commend both you and your dear friend for your hard work. Get letters of recommendations if gross misconduct was not involved.

My best wishes, tippytoes
Old 07-26-2005, 09:36 PM

Default cont

i actually dont know this flight attendant at all and still want to go to bat for her, i had only talked to her on the phone, never met her in person. i just feel that her company (which has a horrible reputation anyway) had lied to her and badmouthed us! as i said i feel like ripping them apart, but i dont want to lower myself to their standards....but i do want to find out where they got their information from, because it did not come from anyone in our company or our pax. maybe they were looking for an excuse to get rid of her anyway, who knows, but i do feel that they didnt have the right to fire her because of lies they had made up about my company and i want to get to the bottom of it. im sorry that i wont say who they are because i know you are all probably dying to know, but i can say that they have a very poor rep for how they treat their employees in particular their flight attendants, and we would never charter them again for numerous reasons and this is the nail in the coffin.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:28 AM

Default my take

What Dogs!
OF course everyone knows they are too, how sad!

I would call them up. I'd ask the charter rep that you had heard that there may have been an incident that one of our passengers (or whatever you call them) that was unhappy with the service. Simply tell them that he was satified with the level of service.

This lets charter ABC know that word has gotten around-
Also, it lets them know that youre the proactive sort that calls "the situation" on the carpet when neccesary, so maybe next time this happens when you MUST charter with them they know that you are onto them, and that you are monitoring all aspects of the trip carefully.

Getting in the middle of that girls job will just get messy. Maybe they just used it as an excuse, but they should not have dragged your company into. Shame on them! They'll know better next time.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Awwww

I think it's refreshingly KIND that you would put yourself out, Tebfa. Clearly, this f/a is much better off without her former job, but I think it's great you would even investigate--much less "go to bat" for a f/a you don't personally know.

So many sub-standard charter companies "abuse" their hard working people. Good on you for adding your two cents!! All too often, this type of situation arises and NO ONE helps. Don't put yourself in jeopardy...but gosh, I really admire your post and your intentions!! What a refreshing change from people stabbing others in the back! :shock:
Old 07-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Banned

interesting site! good site and keep up the good work!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:37 PM

personnaly, I wouldn't fly for a company that lacked integrity. you will probably be the next one gone for no reason. There are some real dumbells out there!!!!
Closed Thread