Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSun
personnaly, I wouldn't fly for a company that lacked integrity. you will probably be the next one gone for no reason. There are some real dumbells out there!!!!
I guess you are not working that much corporate then FS! :lol:
Old 07-28-2005, 09:11 PM

Default She needs to seek legal advice...

tebfa-

Thank you for sharing your concern for this recently fired flight attendant. The world needs more people like you! It is clear you are a caring person with a strong sense of morals. I'm in agreement with Matt and feel that you must be careful since it may end up hurting you. My only suggestion is to have this person seek legal advice. You might want to share with the flight attendant the information you’ve collected, such as, the pax had no problem with her and the side trip was cancelled due to pax’s personal reason. But remind her that she must verify such information for herself, possibly through legal channels.

In this day of lawsuits a company must be careful when firing someone. They must have records to prove their reason for firing the flight attendant is justified. I think a few things need to be documented: 1) Mgt. talked to flight attendant with a warning and placed a record of such in the employee’s file. 2) Letter from client stating dislike of service from individual flight attendant and further refusal of the flight attendant's service.

If there is anyone on this site that is working in HR or has worked in HR, please advise what requirements must be followed to fire a full time employee. Thank you!

~Islandtraveler
Old 07-30-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Charter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoreLeave
Quote:
personnaly, I wouldn't fly for a company that lacked integrity. you will probably be the next one gone for no reason. There are some real dumbells out there!!!!
Actually, Mr. or Ms. ShoreLeave I have been in this biz since 1994. Keep your sad comments to yourself!
Old 07-30-2005, 12:57 PM

Default cont

once again let me clarify, I DO NOT WORK FOR THIS CHARTER COMPANY!!! so please stop with the comments about me being the next one gone as my company is going to back me up on researching this matter further. i will be calling them on mon to find out more. i will keep you posted!!!

and mr FS please dont cop an attitude on this board, or on my post!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:22 PM

Good evening, tebfa,

It is so important to have good responses, I certainly stand by any decision you make, helping others is a good thing and you want to help someone. Sometimes we need answers. I'm sure there are many viewers who are standing by your helping someone else and just wanting an answer.

OUR best to you and your friend.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:47 PM

Default help

Good for you to help. This business is cut throat & so many would just ignore the problem. How refreshening to read you are doing something else.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Cheeky

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoreLeave
Quote:
Actually, Mr. or Ms. ShoreLeave I have been in this biz since 1994. Keep your sad comments to yourself!
I dont see what was so tear-inducing about my comment.
Where is the sense-of-humor on these boards!
Closed Thread