Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Russel Crow wants his Satay and he wants it now!

Compliments of the NYDNews Matt.
I couldnt resist! Yikes- If you havnt been here, you just havnt flown enough yet.

When wife is around,
Crowe watches his butts

A flight attendant says that - surprise, surprise - *Russell Crowe was less than an *exemplary passenger.

Is Russell Crowe wifey-whipped?

The actor kept his cigarettes hidden from spouse Dani whenever she was with him during his publicity tour for Ridley Scott's "A Good Year."

But "he smoked nonstop when his wife wasn't there" on the "smoking-designated" private jet chartered for the tour, a flight attendant tells us.

Crowe puddle-jumped Europe for 2 1/2 weeks for the 20th Century Fox flick, based on Peter Mayle's novel. Like his character, who learns to savor truffles and pâté in the South of France, Crowe enjoyed fine food on the flights, custom-made to his health specifications: red curry beef, green curry chicken, blackened chicken wings, chicken and cashews, white-flesh fish, passionfruit, honeydew, natural yogurt and dandelion tea.

The flight attendant tells us that an intermediary, perhaps aware of Crowe's phone-flinging history, warned her, "If one item is missing from this, you're going to have a very long and difficult flight."

One day, the attendant recalls, "he came into the galley and said, 'What do we have for dinner? The chicken satay looks good. I might have some of that later.'

"But on the flight, his wife ate the chicken satay. He wakes up as we're landing. 'I want my chicken satay,' he says, and I said, 'Sorry, your wife ate it.' "

Rather than confront his wife, Crowe took it out on the stewardess. She claims, "He said to me, 'If I tell you I want something, you put it aside for me. Or wake me up. Is there some kind of language barrier here?'

"I've flown actors, singers, boxers, princes. His wife is very polite. She says thank you. He treated us like peons."

Not so, says Crowe's lawyer, John H. Lavely Jr., of Lavely and Singer in Hollywood, who wrote a five-page letter denying the flight attendant's allegations. In it, he told us, "We are informed that Mr. Crowe was nothing less than a model citizen during the publicity tour." Lavely's source? "Hilary Clark, the senior VP of international publicity at Fox ... [who] told us that the director of European publicity at Fox, and various Fox representatives, [said] that Mr. Crowe was 'delightful ... very pleasant ... and gracious.'"
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 AM

Default NY Daily News

Our homegrown paparazzi is nothing compared to what is going on in Europe & Crowe is lucky that the story hasn't done much beyond the Daily News. I have seen their type stake out the south end of the field at TEB with zoom lenses at the ready. Harder to do these days, but if they can get a story they'll get it.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:28 AM

Default shocked

I am in shock that a flight attendant told this story to the press. Part of our job is to give people their PRIVACY. That flight attendant should not have a job. But at times we go home with our stories. Everyone wants to know. It could be her cousin's friend's daughter's next door neighbor who leaked it out. At least I hope it was not the FA!

But on the other hand, we have ALL dealt with pax like this. I will say that when I fly out of LA, I get a little more of that. Flying up out of SF it is more formal.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 PM

I read this article today and that flight attendant should be fired...or if she's contract, this type of stuff should follow him or her around.

There was nothing *newsworthy* in this report. We have all had pax who are demanding. It sounds as if these are direct quotes in the story (I know the Daily News and I know they are crafty). IF any of these things actually happened onboard and they were relayed in the article, Crowe's management knows who the flight attendant is and that person should find a different line of work. Even IF it was relayed to a second-cousin-twice-removed, that confidential info came from someone who is responsible for spreading it.

People like this f/a give the industry a bad name. Nothing that happens onboard should wind up in a tabloid.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Shocked

Amen Galley Kat and Jersey Girl......
Old 01-07-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Big Mouth

I agree too, the flight attendant should be fired. She has a big mouth and needs to learn to keep it closed. Everyone has pax like this from time to time and we just deal with it. He was just a charter pax, which means he'll eventually get off the plane - unlike owners who can be like this every flight for eternity!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Stupid!

This chick is stupid. I just found the article online and I cannot believe she blabbed to the press. If you are reading this thanks for making it look like the rest of us can't control our tongues either!!!

Here is the article: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-409047c.html

You have a great future ahead of you. As a waitress!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:52 PM

YOWZAA Ingrid! Harsh but so true!