Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Does anyone ever get missed (dissed)?EASY catering update!!!

I have a short flight with 15 pax. I have been given catering specs which are a bit extensive ... LOTS of food. I don't even leave until the 26th AND I'm already anxious!

Does it happen sometimes that not everyone gets served?????

Thx!

CC
Old 12-21-2006, 08:30 PM

Default You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will get to everyone and you will do great. Take Gloria's advice and go in with a plan. Is this your first corp. gig? Congrats!

Safe flying and more work 4U in 2007.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:22 PM

Haven't worked on this a/c before and don't have access to it beforehand.
It's an hour and a half flight/15 pax. Have been given MANY different catering requests ... that's the ONLY thing that's a bit daunting. I KNOW I CAN DO IT ... I WILL DO IT ... I'm talented. \/

Thanks Lynx ... it's not my first flight, but you obviously remember being on the new end of all this.

CC
Old 12-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

Pre-plan, Pre-pare and Pre-plate!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 PM

Default pre plate

CC,

You can do it. Like Ving Wing said, Pre plan and PRE PLATE! You will spend more time getting ready on the ground for this one.

Once I had 9 different orders that were not easy. I did it all on the ground and was able to get it all out in a 45 minute flight. Yes, they all had time to eat, drink and be merry. But I did all before I left the FBO. About 3 hours worth of work.

Being this is your real second corporate flight, you would be anixous. But it is always good to be a bit anixous instead of bored. I love the excitment before every trip getting ready and making plans.

preplate preplate preplate preplate preplate preplate preplate preplate[/b]
Old 12-21-2006, 11:14 PM

Thanks ladies ... I will P-P-P as much as I can, it's a 6:00am departure.

China can't go in the microwave, so IF I pre-plate it will have to be on paperplates to nuke. Hmmmm,.......... IF I pre-plate on china and warm in oven, the plates will be blazing hot. :fright:

Hey now, I'm an old pro ... this is my fourth trip. :mozilla_cool:

CC
Old 12-22-2006, 11:09 AM

It is definitely true: the shorter the flight time, the longer the pre-flight prep time.
Just curious--what's on the menu? Maybe we can help with specifics. I find that having some small baskets of muffins or fruit helps keep passengers occupied while I am in the galley in a flurry of activity for the main show.
I worked a charter with twelve people on which the catering had been pre-arranged. I honestly would rather have managed the catering myself, as all the food arrived in individual plastic trays and I had to unwrap and re-dish everything onto our nice china, and of course, none of the passengers remembers who had asked for "healthy choice" or whatever...
Old 12-22-2006, 01:45 PM

Default hi

Hi Cloudchaser,

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!! I always get all anxious and am not able to sleep thinking about what and how am I going to do this. I think this is where soup and salads help. you get all that pre-plated and have them eat that while you try and put the other stuff together. If there were only a camera in my galley to see how I work it would be quite the comedy sketch and then the galley door opens and I smile and act like I know what Im doing. Itll all come together (this is what I still tell myself every trip)