Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Has anyone else received this?

I think it is probably another scam..... I received an email last week, someone supposedly recruiting for Aer Lingus. Needing summer contract F/A's. Did anyone else get this from "Philip Bruckner"?

I am pretty sure it would have to be a scam cause he says the pay is 4000.00 WEEKLY!

Just curious.

ladi
Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBunny Send a message via Skype™ to SkyBunny
Default E-mail from Aer Lingus

Ladi:
Yes, I received the same e-mail. I didn't respond, although they ARE looking for cabin crew.

Aer Lingus Recruitment
Cabin Crew - Dublin Based
As Aer Lingus continues to grow and expand we now have a requirement for a number of Cabin Crew, to be based in Dublin. These contracts are available immediately and the successful candidates will be required to operate on our short-haul routes, operated by A320 aircraft, on European flights from Dublin Airport.

To be considered for a position as Aer Lingus Cabin Crew, applicants must be able to meet the following essential criteria:

Be at least 18 years of age.
A minimum height of 5'2" (1.58m).
Be Physically fit and a confident swimmer.
Able to pass a 10- year security background check.
Eligible to work in the EU with an unrestricted worldwide passport.
Key Competencies:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Well-developed Customer Service & Sales skills and an awareness of our customers' expectations.
Self motivated, flexible and adaptable.
Previous Cabin Crew experience is desirable but not essential
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your C.V to recruit@aerlingus.com.
To ensure that your application reaches us promptly please type "CABIN CREW " in the subject line.

Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates that best meet our criteria will receive a reply.
Thank-you.
[/url]
Old 05-21-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Aer Lingus

How can they hire contract from out of Ireland? In Ireland you have to be spondered to work there and Aer Lingus doesnt do work sponsership I know cause I tried when I was commerical. I wanted to live in Dublin. But for $4000 weekely! Ill do alot more money than i make now! Is it really a scam cause all i saw were $$ signs and I woulda been the fool who took the bait! I know sad that money makes me stupid.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBunny Send a message via Skype™ to SkyBunny

I believe the e-mail that is circulating is a scam since the reply is not to aer lingus but to Philip Bruckner @inbox.com

SB
Old 05-21-2007, 09:19 PM

Default me too!

I too received and discounted this, 4 grand a week is preposterous. I try to fly 20 days a month at 450-500 per day. That's a ton of flying for a contract cabin attendant. And, in my opinion, I have a hefty day rate, even for CA. I cannot believe it's legit. And, if it is legit, the salary is a typo. Nilson
Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Irish airline

OH MY, how funny!

I got it, but I thought it was a big joke from these guys I met in Las Vegas who were from London and Ireland. They were teasing me that I should move over there so I could be their friend! So, when I got that in my box, I thought it was their sense of humor. I wrote back something funny to them, thinking that I was writing to this one cute fun Irish guy. I did get a few others for private flying, but out of London.

Yes, I met 24 guys from Ireland who were in Las Vegas for a bachelor party. Needless to say, they were fun, full of laughs and I got NO sleep for 2 days.

Doc, I am still out flying since I saw you in LV. This is 28 days out of 30 that I have worked. Going home tomorrow, I hope!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Yet another scam

Apparently, this is the latest scam aimed at fleecing flight attendants. Several people have forwarded these messages to me; I understand one job board posted it before being alerted by one of our members that the opportunity had to be fake.

You would think that someone would come up with a "more reasonable" salary in order to fleece people. Then again, I am sure we'll start hearing reports from people that they were scammed.

Don't let greed color your judgment!
[b][url=http://www.corporateflyer.net/blog]Corporate Flight Attendants[/url]|[url=http://www.creditcardvenue.com]Credit[/url]|[url=http://www.thearticlewriter.com/blog]Articles[/url]|[url=http://www.jetemployment.com]JetEmployment[/url][/b]
Old 05-22-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Aer Lingus?

Not again! I cannot imagine that people would fall for such a ploy. Almost as bad as the Western Union scams you here about.