Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Reynolds & Reynolds Question

Has anyone done contract work for Reynolds & Reynolds out of Houston? They're hiring a full-time FA and I'm curious about the company...thanks!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Reynolds & Reynolds - IAH

Last I worked for the Chief pilot on that a/c was back in /03. They have a lovely a/c and previous to my contracting for them, they had a f/t f/a. The Chief Pilot convinced the owner that they didn't need her anymore after some problems between him and her. They were using their mechanic onboard the owner flights and a contract f/a on charter flights (which they didn't do many of).

My paychecks didn't come from Reynolds & Reynolds, either; don't know where that name comes from, but I KNOW this is the same a/c! Sorry I don't have more info. BTW, they must be REALLY thinking over WHO they are going to hire, b/c this position has been advertised for well over a month now, and they still haven't selected a candidate to fill it yet! #-o
Old 08-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Reynolds and REynolds

They phone interviewed me for this job....it did not sound great, I declined an invitation to Houston to interview.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:42 AM

I also did a phone interview with them. When I asked what kind of aircraft they were operating they replied that it was a 135 charter aircraft. I again asked wether it was a Gulfstream, Challenger, etc. and she repeated the same answer as before.
I know this was a HR person but please...They sent me an apptitude test that was really weird and full of geometry and algebra. Didn't see the relation and wondered after I completed it if I would ever hear from them again.
I did and they said no in an email! Wasn't surprised as mathmatics was not my best subject in school. I can count passengers though!
Since then I was hired full time by a company in my state...
Old 08-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Oh, good for you (getting a f/t job in your state!). Congrats! Well, I was phone interviewed yesterday and got the rejection email today! Guess they spoke with the pilot who then told them that I was TOO OLD (he prefers the younger ones)! [-X Oh well. Their loss. He KNOWS that I did a good job for him! BTW, the a/c is/was a "stretch" verison of a Challenger (same as regional jets).
Old 08-18-2007, 10:21 AM

I also did a phone interview with their HR person a couple of weeks ago. After she could not answer several very simple questions in regards to the position, I think she became flustered. She told me aviation was new to her and she was learning with each phone call. Poor girl, someone probably delegated the job down. The aptitude test is actually part or the air traffic controllers exam...How did I do? Well its been over 20 years since I took an algebra test ; ) I got the rejection e-mail a few days later.

In regards to reynolds & reynolds : The company started in 1866 as Garder & Reynolds a printing co. in Dayton Ohio (my home town) They entered into automotive in 1927 & merged with Universal computer Systems in 2006. CEO is Bob Brockmann / Vice Chair is Fin O'Neil.

Good Luck to all who apply.

-cinderblock-
Old 08-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Reynolds

I didnt apply or interview with them BUT LOVE THE RESPONSES! Sorry to those that didnt get the job but think its a great tool for many others on how some places conduct interviews and the things that are asked or expected! Ive gotten the rejection letter before from other companies but more times than not it works out for the best..
Old 08-22-2007, 12:06 PM

I must have done OK on the aptitude tests because they invited me to do a phone interview with the chief pilot after that. He said that they do not use catering, all of the food is bought on the ground and prepared inflight, what they're really looking for is "someone who has never even seen an aircraft."

After speaking with him I received the "thanks but no thanks" email a week later. I think he was disappointed in my lack of culinary skills. I guess it would be a great position for a chef who wants to travel