Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Catering Question..I know I know

I looked under the catering section and while there was helpfull info I dont think people read the posts unless they are looking for a caterer. Anywho..so I figured id ask here. Ok heres the deal. Tokyo.. is there a website for Cosmos catering out of Narita? Are they the only caterer at the airport? Of course Ill do most of my catering from shopping I like to know my options. Also...if you can advise on Bejiing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong...Im thinking maybe Chinese food? Maybe from China Town? jk but any additional advice on these cities in addition to whats in the catering section is much appreciated. Safe travels to all!

drew
Old 10-02-2007, 07:04 AM

Hello Drew,

When we are in Hong Kong we stay at the JW Marriott. The catering at the JW is always perfect and the presentation is outstanding. (As you know, itís always wise to bring your own containers, foil and zip-locks).

There are several markets very close to the hotel where you can easily augment your catering order.

Best of luck,

Hallie
Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 AM

Hello Drew!

I was at all you requested destinations just a month ago so I hope this helps:

Tokyo: i doubt they have a internet site. Somebody from cosmos will meet you upon your arrival. They have a very precisely explained order sheet with lots of pictures. And food really shows up like on these. As i needed quite some catering i ordered via them and it was fine. Inthe city look out for "The Garden" food stores.

Beijing: Beijing Air Catering (came to me on board): ok. But I only ordered Dim Sum. Shopping in the city is ok. Try basement in the Pacific department store. Or Lufthansa Center.

Hong Kong: Easy. You can choose from three caterers. I choose LSG (after handler recommandation). Very good. Veeeery expensive! If you too, should stay in the JW Marriott: underneath is a shopping center with SEIBU department store with great food selection. And English magazines.

Shanghai: the only place i would warn you from the caterer (Shanghai Eastern Air Catering). If anyhow possible bring your food from the hotel. JW MArriott is helpful from what I know.

If your saying Chinese food from China Town i guess you'd take original food from street seller or so? I wouldn't recommand. For hygenic reasons.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Thanks

Many Many thanks. This info really puts my mind at ease, as I can sort of assemble the jumbled mass in my head I call my brain. Looks like the JW marriott is where Ill be staying. Thanks again for the wonderful info as always it is appreciated. Of course if any of you need help and I can be of assistance let me know!

drew
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 PM

Default How did it go?

Well, how did it all go? I'm next... not staying at Marriotts, but still plan to work with hotels for food in China. How was your catering out of NRT? Any to avoid at all costs? Any outstanding caterers, restaurants, hotels? I know I am looking forward to a good massage or two, and some early Christmas shopping! Also we spend a night in Macau...is that pretty much like Hong Kong?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:49 PM

Default China

Well I havent gone yet....Im just really really paranoid when I am not familiar with an area and have to get as much info as I can before hand. I dont leave till the end of Novemeber..hows that for paranoid! As soon as I get back Ill definetly tell you all how it went. We are going to be staying at JW Marriotts in all the places since they are reliable..Tokyo Im not worried since I grew up there..you can get good catering from the local 7-11. I am having our handling agent mail me catering menus from the airport caterer so I know ahead of time what to plan and know what I have available. Ill keep you guys informed!
Old 11-22-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Catering Update

Ok now I know many of you have probably been checking this forum everyday to see if Ive repliled....either that or you are reading this going who is this drew guy. Either way its ok cause its 4 am here in Beijing and Im bored So just a quick update on catering out of Beijing and Tokyo. For Tokyo- Wouldnt reccoment staying out by the airport as its really really boring if you do have to stay at the Hilton which use to be the Rhiga Royal Hotel. Cosmos catering is good for dishes and linnens thats about it. If you want Sushi have your handling agent order it from the Sushi resturaunt in Narita Airport, they make it fresh (mine was made at 8 am and delivered at 830.) We stayed at the Westin Tokyo which I picked the staff is great hotel is great and they will take care of your catering however you MUST take your own cooler and packiging. Fantastic job, The service is impeccable and the staff unobtrusive and so accomodating. Must give Universal Handling in Narita and Handea great kudos they were fantastic. Beijing...another story. You get a menu from Beijing air catering which is good for essentials (milk, juice, and maybe a few dishes to enhance catering) The rest get from your hotel...which even then I would rate ok. We are at the JW marriott. In the US and Europe usually ok with out a cooler but I cant tell you how badly you must have a cooler here...so I look like a complete idiot dragging my three piece luggage set huge cooler on wheels and other paper bags but we all gotta do what we gotta do. Ill fill you in on Shanghai and Hong Kong soon...Hong Kong should be a snap since shopping is right under the JW Marriott. HAPPY THANKS GIVING! Enjoy your Turkey...or in my case Peiking Duck!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBunny Send a message via Skype™ to SkyBunny
Default Catering in Hong Kong

Hi Drew:

I am soo happy to hear from you. I HAVE been anxiously awaiting to hear how things were going with your catering in Hong Kong. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Hope you like your Peking Duck...my turkey was delicioso.

Thanks for keeping us informed...

SB