Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Haj work?

I am probably already too late, but does anyone know of a company hiring commercial flight attendants for this year's haj movement? I got an email from a company in Nigeria last month but when I looked up their information I found out that their business had been shut down. Thanx.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Be Careful

This year's Haj movement is already starting, so it is too late to find work.

I would never fly a Nigerian airliner except for Virgin's Nigerian operation. They are unsafe and that country is in disarray. A close friend of my is an ex TWA f/a and flies special contracts. She has said that none of the jets used by these airlines would be certified in the US.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Hajj Movement 2006-2007

Ah, the Hajj. Flight Star and I have "some knowledge" about all of this.

A few years back I had what I thought were some good leads about the Hajj movement and went so far as creating a special page to attract the attention of furloughed flight attendants interested in working the trip. Well, I was surprised by the number of respondents, more than 100 I believe.

Anyway, I never was able to connect people as the information I had turned out to be too vague. Afterwards, I decided I didn't want to be all that involved as I was concerned about the safety of these jets and the legal repercussions if it appeared that I was endorsing what could be an unsafe trip.
[b][url=http://www.corporateflyer.net/blog]Corporate Flight Attendants[/url]|[url=http://www.creditcardvenue.com]Credit[/url]|[url=http://www.thearticlewriter.com/blog]Articles[/url]|[url=http://www.jetemployment.com]JetEmployment[/url][/b]
Old 12-14-2006, 02:17 PM

Nigerian airlines are definately awful. Two years ago I had to fly on Bellview from Lagos to Freetown and then to Banjul. It was a 737 with no door to the lav. They had a lavatory guard and pushed you into the last row of seats to "wait your turn". The toilet did not flush so the aroma was even better than an outhouse on a hot day! The H2O extinguisher behind the last row of seats had about 3 inches of dust on it. I may have a photo of it somewhere. I was really not happy about being on this airline but there was no other way.

Well I didnt want to be the first one to say that you, well, nevermind.

Also anyone should be wary of operations and operators that will stick you on one of these carriers to get you to and fro, in and out of areas where you may just - by chance- end up positioning on local carriers like this.
If you wont be able to do anything about it or have no control over the situation before hand, just dont do the work. It happened to me once and it sucks to tell yourself "its in Gods hands now" about a hairy situation.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Don't get me started!!

No need to apologize SL. You know that I am never one to mince words!

I am not surprised by Bellview Airlines. They have had their share of crashes and mishaps over the years. What do you expect when the passengers believe that Allah has their back side?

I would never fly the Haj as I don't care much for any religion that promises a reward for killing innocent civilians. If anyone is insulted by what I am saying then you need to consider the facts and not be swayed by your emotions.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:42 PM

Wow, i was wondering when this thread was going to take a turn for the worse...
Old 12-15-2006, 05:44 PM

Default The Truth

The truth is evident: if you blow up people you get rewarded with 72 virgins when you meet Allah in paradise. I am sure that there are people who are nice and are Muslims. I am not talking about them. I am talking about those who think nothing about killing others while an entire religion stands by and says absolutely nothing about this practice.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:39 PM

Default What about Iraq?

I see I started something! Not my intention, but I always wondered the same thing as gloria: why do Muslims blow themselves up to kill their own people? Every day in Iraq there are suicide bombers killing people who are waiting on line applying for work. Isn't this barbaric behavior?