Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > Gourmand > In-flight Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Culinary Classes

Hello all! I have been looking into taking a culinary class in the NJ area and am having little luck finding a program that fits my needs. I don't want a degree in culinary arts, just a fun & educational class.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone attended the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY In-flight Service Class? And what was your impression of them?

2) Does anyone know of a similar class available in NJ? Hyde Park is 2.5 hours from my home.

Thank you all so much! Happy Spring!
Jen
Old 03-12-2007, 12:36 AM

I`m attaching myself to this question... :mozilla_cool:
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned

Default hi info for soon to be out of commercial aviation

is anyone a former f/a for commercial carrier ? please give me some advice .i am interested in the good and bad.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:30 PM

Default Cia

I tried to take the class at CIA last spring through summer but it was only scheduled at a certain time (dont remember exact date) that conflicted with my schedule. At that time they did not offer the course very often either so I gave up trying to go there and started to take one or two day classes at smaller schools/culinary shops/restaurants that concentrate on a specific dish, menu or flavor. If you do go, let us know how it is.

Falcon
Old 07-18-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpaa View Post
is anyone a former f/a for commercial carrier ? please give me some advice .i am interested in the good and bad.

I was a commercial f/a for 16 years with American. I wrote an article on the best way to get on with a commercial carrier. Just go to associatedcontent.com and click on the travel icon. Then type in the search box "so you want to be a flight attendant" and it will pop up.

To be honest with you....the hours are really crappy, the pay is worse and the layovers are short. If you are looking to seeing the world....commercial is not the way to go anymore. You will get to the airport in the dark and leave the hotel in the dark. Corporate is the way to travel and sight see and the money is ALOT better.

Hope this helps..Bridgette
Old 07-18-2008, 01:59 PM

I just want to add on to the thread, has anyone been to the culinary classes in Long Beach, CA recently? I have been in corporate for about 3 years and I would like to find a program/class to refine my skills and learn something new? Any comments would be appreciated!

Last edited by kanne; 07-18-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM

Default tips

I have attended culinary Arts schools and have been a Chef for many years. I would say that C.I.A is an Awesome school but, check out the local colleges in the area that might also offer similar programs. The basic idea is really what you might be looking for and not have to pay a whole lot. I know of a great website that offers many items to help with daily activities while in flight.

http://www.ImpresssionsInFlight.com