Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > Gourmand > In-flight Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBunny Send a message via Skype™ to SkyBunny
Default Galley Kit?

Hi Everyone:
I am interested to know what FA's carry with them. I heard some have a galley kit they take on every flight. What do you suggest be in the kit?
Thanks,
L
Old 08-26-2006, 08:32 PM

Default galley kit

When I do contract, I carry doilies- small, med, large; tongs; white service napkins; wine opener; wine bottle neck ring; clorox wipes; altoids; zip lock bags - small, med, large; travel size febreeze (good for a smelly plane and also to get the food smell out of your suit - so you dont smell like a dirty galley when saying goodbye or if no time to dry clean if flights are too close together); cocktail napkins; small trial size toiletries (for me and pax, if asked); clothe dish towel; oven mit; all purpose seasoning; Wet ones or clothe disposable hand towels; small yellow sticky note pads and pen.

I have heard some FA even bring a bottle of red and white wine, oils for cooking and sauce packets.

Falcon
Old 08-27-2006, 03:36 PM

Flying contract, I always have my knives, mainly a 5" serrated knife. It's good for fruits, veggies, meats, and doubles as a bread knife. I also bring those thin plastic "throw-away" cutting sheets. I cut mine into sizes I can use easier. I carry a Microplane grater..there is one out there that has two interchangable graters..fine and medium grate...good for chocolate, parmesan, even lemon zest. And a small pepper mill.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:20 PM

Default More items

A small flashlight (I like Mag Lite) is a must. A spill control agent such a Red Z and disposable gloves along with a nice little container of Purell should be added to your list.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:14 AM

Wasn't there a post once upon a time about this very subject? I need to search it out.

I am getting together a galley kit................. One day, I plan on needing it.

Just in case.

I did hear back from the one I interviewed with, wanting my resume once again.

Thanks for all the info.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:17 AM

Ladi I found the thread:
http://corporateflyer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1311
Old 09-07-2006, 09:31 AM

Thank you BettyB.
I have bought a couple of thing already. When I get this list all compiled, and see all that I need, it is off to the "outlet mall"
We have a Farberware store, Kitchen aid, Mikasa, PaperFactory. And prices are great!
The ziplocks , wrap and foil, I will get from Walmart.

Soft sided cooler? About what size do you suggest?

Thanks for all the great tips!
:mozilla_cool:
ladi
Old 09-08-2006, 10:44 AM

Default soft sided cooler on wheels

I recently worked contract on a plane that was equipped with a couple of soft sided, collapsible coolers on wheels. VERY useful. I need to ask the full time flight attendant on that plane where she found them, as they are great, and I am planning to add them to my "ready kit".