Corporate Flight Attendant Community  

Go Back   Corporate Flight Attendant Community > The Corporate Flight Attendant Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Navigation: Flight Attendant * Forums * About * Articles * Blog * Caterers * Food & Wine * Links * Privacy Policy * Terms * Training * Aircraft Charter

Welcome to the Corporate Flight Attendant Community forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Would You Date Crew?

Life here in 91-land is a lonely undertaking replete with long trips and sometimes interesting layovers. I manage to keep in touch with a handful of the girls I have met over the years and this site is proving to be a lifeline for those times when no one seems to be available. Just like now!

Well wouldn't you know that the guy occupying the right seat while our regular first officer takes a 3-month paternity leave >please, DON'T ASK!< is quite the looker. We are flying on our first trip together this coming Monday and I know that the 8 days away will mean a lot of downtime and plenty of opportunities to hit the beach.

My question to you is this: Should I invite Mr. Good Looking First Officer to join me at the beach or should I leave well enough alone? Our captain and the regular first officer both hate the sand and the sun so I always have gone alone. On the other hand I love to expose all of my bigness to the sun gods and have already worked up quite the tan.

Only one other time had I dated a crewmember and he was the Captain. What a mistake that was. My cup of tea has always been someone like one of those cute guys at Midcoast or someone at some Florida aircraft refinishing company. Yet, this one first officer is a real dream.

Am I setting myself up for a nightmare? Help!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:45 AM

Default sex always wins

Get to know him over the LOOKS. You might find out he is someone you couldn't put up with at all. Or when word gets out, your normal crew will get a bit jealous. Even if they are married, they all want to feel in their heart if they were not married that you would be with them.

But....... if the chemristy is there big time, how on God's earth can you deny it?

Interesting question.

I have only dated two pilots in my lifetime. Those times were so long ago. I will say it was so much fun at first. Now this was 16 years ago. But when I wanted to move on.... I had all the crews being upset at me for hurting him. They kept warning me not to break this nice guy's heart that I was too sophiscated for him. Everyone was on the pilot's side not mine. The true was I did it out of boredom when I lived in Saudi. Some of you reading this know this. But with all our crews over in Saudi, with so much boredom, hidden alchol, and being far from home, it created a need. I am not proud of this. But it was a very fun time for 3 months.

Good luck and kept us posted!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:47 AM

I am glad I'm married. The dating life is soo hard.

BFFA- WOW, what a rock and a hard place. It certainly seems fine to ask him along to the beach, be his friend, just like the regular crewmember.

I would not take any other first steps, I firmly believe the man is the one who should pursue, if he hasn't got the backbone to do that, he may have a weak spine when it comes to other things as well.

just my thoughts...

ladi
Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 AM

An invitation to the beach is one thing, beyond all of that I can't say for sure. How many of us know of so & so flight attendant who hit off with a pilot & they later married? A date isn't marriage but the emotions of working so closely with someone you find attractive can be hard to put aside. At least for me.

I've stayed away from pilots & mostly everyone else in aviation for ages. NYC cops on the other hand...sigh!! It must have something to do with uniforms.
:-s
Old 07-11-2006, 12:17 PM

BFFA,

Do what makes YOU happy – you know in your heart of hearts if it feels right.

Don’t even give it a fleeting thought about what others will or won’t think of you – You can rest assure that they don’t consider your feelings before they do something impulsive!

Whatever you do, have a blast, and be safe.

Demi
Old 07-11-2006, 12:36 PM

I say be careful mixing biz with pleasure. The last thing I would want to do is to make my working conditions an uncomfy place to be. Just saying...... 8-[
Old 07-11-2006, 01:00 PM

Default C'mon Mikey!

Excuse me, but there in nothing wrong in going to beach while on a layover with other crewmembers! Or shopping, dining, etc. Dont sound like one of those Desparate Houswives type that these guys love to get on the road to get away from!

As for the dating thing with other crew,

Dont S*&% Where You Eat!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:15 PM

Mikey,

You mean to tell me that a string bikini can make a grown man misbehave? #-o O, I know, it’s the Margarita’s that alter one’s ability to make sound decisions. (That’s always my excuse, it’s magic, it works every time!). O

Sand, sun, surf, jazz and margarita’s. Someone has to do it! My husband will continuously ask me when I’m going grow up and utilized my education 8-[ . . . hey 30 is the new 20 right!?! =D>

Demi